Thursday, July 15, 2010

One Year

July 15th 2009 I woke up early after not sleeping much the night before amidst packing, 2 yuan worth of bai jiu, and final chances for some fellowship with some of my favorite people on earth. I got on a plane in Asia at 12:00 noon that plane arrived in San Fransisco13 hours later at 12:30 pm (that's no typo).

I wandered around that airport for a couple hours. Reading every sign. Noticing that I was keenly aware of every conversation surrounding me (they were all speaking ENGLISH!). I ordered a coffee drink in English with huge goofy smile on my face and paid with American money.

It was the most surreal two hours of my life.

I had that goofy smile glued on my face the whole time, not because I was particularly happy, I had no idea what to make of all the emotions in side of me. It was a smile of confusion. I had no idea what was going on, so I just smiled and rolled with it.

Its been a year.

On the plane, while taxiing my last words I wrote in that country were a prayer for my brothers and sisters there. For their campus. For their city. That it would all shine for Him.

今天我再祷告。

1 comments:

Stéphanie said...

Thank you Marc for your truthful posts. Such good reminders.

Stéphanie