Monday, July 11, 2011

Verse 15

"More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised."

First, I quick reminder, don't be thinking zombies. The Christian doctrine of "Resurrection" is not a claim that the dead will slowly lurch out of their graves and march towards heaven is various states of decomposition. Resurrection is a restoration, a rising to a new body, that is free from any earthly defect or limitation and rising into a perfect unhindered relationship with Christ. No zombies.

As for this verse, while verse 14 I discussed how denying the resurrection can make Christ into a liar. In verse 15, Paul is defending himself against the claim that he is a liar.

Paul doesn't want to be accused of lying. He especially does not want to be accused of lying about God.

The things we preach, declare, proclaim, and speak about God are some of the most important things about us.

And it is essential that we get them right.

I don't want to be a liar (or to be accused of it). So, I regularly have to ask myself the question, "Is what I preach true?"

And the attached question, "Is what I believe true?"

We can't afford to be wrong with what we teach and believe.

So, go ahead. Ask the questions. Answer them. And live like it.

0 comments: