Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Music

I have 13.9 days worth of music from over 250 artists in my iTunes library.
For the past couple years, I've most often been listening to music on Spotify, the library of which boasts over 20 million songs.
But even with all that access to music, the most beautiful song I've ever heard is below:
This is How Great Thou Art being sung in an East Asian language, English, and French (with a Cameroonian on guitar) in an unmarked, crowded apartment while being somewhat careful to not lift our voices too high for security reasons.
This was just practice for a better future, a future where there will be no volume limits.
After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice:
"Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb."

3 comments:

Jenny Vang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny Vang said...

Marc!!!

When I was in EA on the vision trip the year you and the rest of the 10 were there, there was a night when we had korean style prayer where we were praying in English, the EA language and French. That was when I realized my role in the Great Commission. So beautiful. Seriously. Thanks for sharing and reminding me! P.S. I just listened to the song for the 5th time in a row. #onrepeatallnight

Jennifer said...

Seriously beautiful.